Thursday, July 11, 2013

Home

In a few weeks, I'm heading back to Chicago. I just booked my flights today, and now I can't wait! Just thinking about the city is making me all nostalgic. I can't believe that we moved almost 10 months ago now, and we've only been back once - at Christmastime, and only to the suburbs.

Some things I miss about Chicago:
- Friends and family close by
- Watching my nieces and nephews grow rapidly into one-year-olds and toddlers and miniature adults
- Cute boutiques and cafes outside my doorstep
- Changing seasons (fall, mostly - not actually winter at all)
- Almond croissants, Intelligentsia coffee, and passion fruit macarons from Alliance Bakery
- Starfruit smoothies
- Rain

My visit will unfortunately be a short one, as I'm actually traveling for work. I'll have two and a half days open to visit with friends and family, a day and a half of work, and travel days. How much do you think I can pack in?

I really love California, its scenery, and its easy access to beach, mountains, wineries, and desert, but after over 27 years in Chicago, I can't help but think I'll always call it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment