Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back (Again)

Good morning! I'm back in Southern California after a wonderful, albeit quick, visit back home to Chicago. I spent a few days staying at my parents' house in the suburbs, where I drank copious amounts of coffee from their Jura espresso maker and lazed around with my mom and their Wheaten Terriers. We got in some good shopping and nostalgic eating (did you know there are no Noodles & Co or Potbelly's in LA?). I was also thrilled to see my brother, sister-in-law, and my adorable 8-month-old nephew who I hadn't seen since Christmas. He is growing like a weed - such a good eater and overall very happy, good baby. He doesn't even really cry, just dramatically whimpers. For the sake of my future self as a mother, I can only hope that his sweet disposition is hereditary :)

I spent Saturday in the city with one of my best friends, Libby (an acupuncturist and blogger). The drive downtown was insane; no matter what people say, I still think Chicago has worse traffic than LA. But, it was well worth it to wander around my old neighborhood, Wicker Park, and catch up. We hit up some of my favorite spots, including lunch at Jerry's (the salmon and crawfish burger with seafood topping ohmygosh) and Alliance Bakery for a baker's dozen of passion fruit macarons (I also highly recommend their almond croissants).

Now, back at home two days later, I'm still having trouble adjusting to the time change. It's only a two hour difference from Central to Pacific time, but it still throws my body all out of whack. Up two hours early this morning! Oh well, it's back to work again, and I'm crossing my fingers that I don't crash this afternoon. In the meantime, check out some of the Instagram photos from my trip below (and follow me here).






No comments:

Post a Comment